Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Butter Tarts Recipe

I have a recipe for you today. I am originally from Canada (Victoria, BC) and these tarts are from my mom who makes them every year at this time. They are very easy to make and very sweet.

VELVET BUTTER TARTS
                      
1 cup raisins (I use the golden raisins)
2 tablespoons butter
1 tsp vanilla
1 cup brown sugar
1 egg well beaten
Package of frozen tarts in tinfoil cups (or circles cut from pie dough and pressed into muffin tins)

Pour boiling water to cover the raisins, let stand 10 min.
Drain and- immediately add the butter, vanilla, brown sugar and beaten egg.  Stir until all mixed and sugar is melted
This is important because the hot raisins melts the butter and brown sugar
Pour into raw tart shells no more that half full
I put these on a cookie sheet
.
 Bake 425  for 12-15 minute

I couldn't find the premade tart shells here so I bought a box of 2 premade pie dough rolls and cut out large circles with a glass and lightly pressed the dough into ungreased muffins tins. This recipe makes about 12 tarts.

Free Image Hosting at www.picturetrail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment