Monday, December 19, 2011

Pointsettia PIllow


I have been seeing Pottery Barn's Poinsetta Pillow all over the internet. It is really chic but it is no longer available. I'm sure the price would have been not in the budget either.


I decided on the spot I needed to make one. I had the pillow form, backing and front fabric, and left over white felted wool from another project. I took pictures along the way from both of these tutorials and wouldnt you know, my daughter deleted them. Groan.


It isnt very hard to make this pillow though. I cut out 3 different size petals from the white wool. I arranged them on the front on the pillow fabric (already cut to fit my pillow plus seam allowances) to play around with the arrangement.
I then sewed the petals on starting an inch from the tip of the petal down to the base. I didnt sew a straight line but meandered a bit.
For the center I tacked on 3 wool circles. Sew the front and back of the pillow together, right sides together, and sew the opening closed after turning right sides out and inserting the pillow.
The petals can be fluffed up a bit by lifting the edges.

I will notify the winners of our Sew Mama Sew giveaway and post them this evening. I left the names at home. Of course.





Free Image Hosting at www.picturetrail.com

2 comments: