Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Fabric Baskets


I have made several things this week to take to my Guild Christmas party this weekend. Since I am swapping with a fellow guild member I am holding myself to high standards. This basket is project #5 and I think its the keeper. I used the free tutorial and pattern at Pink Penguin. Along the right hand side of her blog are more great tutorials. Many of them on my "someday when I need a distraction from my real projects"  list.



This is the first basket but my liner didn't sit well. It would bother me so I made another.
The great thing about this project is that is uses 2x2" scraps so I can finally use my favorite bits. There are some fabrics I cannot get rid of no matter how small.


Interested in attending a Quilting Guild? The Magic Valley has 2.
Desert Sage Quilters of Magic Valley (they meet in Twin Falls)
Magic Valley Modern Quilt Guild (they meet at the Quilt Barn)

I am linking up to Amy's Sew-n-Tell Friday. Go check out sewing goodness
Free Image Hosting at www.picturetrail.com

5 comments:

  1. LOVE those fabric baskets! yours are so pretty! I have made one too using Pink Penguins tutorial.I bet your swapping partner will love it! thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are so cute! She'll love it. Have fun at your Christmas party! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just love these baskets. They're fun to make, and you're right about using up the itty-bitty scraps.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cute! I'm the same way with those small special pieces. Great way to use them up.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So fun!!! Great fabric choices!

    ReplyDelete