Saturday, December 3, 2011

Voile Infinity Scarf Tutorial


 I cant believe I am showing you a picture of my neck. But there you have it. I bet the scarf is so awesome you didnt even notice?
We carry a few bolts of voile and I had always wanted to make something with it but didnt know what. Then I started seeing infinity scarfs all over blogland and a light bulb went off, I can make that!


You are going to need 2  9" strip cuts of two different voile fabrics.


With the right sides together sew a 1/4 inch seam down each long side. Turn right side out and iron seams flat.
On one end (see above picture) turn the bottom 1/2" inch in to the middle and iron.


Tuck the raw edge end of the scarf into the folded edge 1" and sew the two edges together.
I am wearing this scarf today and I wrapped it twice around my neck and fluffed it up a bit. Voila, voile! A quick and money wise gift.
Before sewing the ends together you can try out the length and see if it works or if you need to shorten it.

An aside, how do you say voile? We are split here. Some say it so it rhymes with 'oil' and other so it rhymes with 'wall'. Its so I cant even remember how I used to say it before.

I will leave the scarf here until Christmas if you want to take a look at it.

Free Image Hosting at www.picturetrail.com

2 comments:

  1. You pronounce it like "wall" but more like vwall with your mouth wide when you say it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. so it rhymes with oil! The other way sounds like a disease :P

    ReplyDelete