Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Hexie Flowers from Mini Chamrs


I'm addicted, it's a crisis.
On our drive to market I grabbed my sewing kit, a bag of paper 1.5" paper hexagons, and 2 mini chams (or Moda candy) . I pieced as we drove. Then I pieced while sitting at a junktique show. I pieced while waiting for the bus. And then I pieced some more.

I think I am about 7 mini charm packs in (mini charms are 2.5" squares).


I am going to machine applique the individual flowers on to a cream solid and then sew the blocks together. This is going to be a long term project. I am wanting it to be at least a twin bed size.

Anyone else get the hexagon bug?

12 comments:

  1. These are so fun! I've seen several people use Moda candy for this. I am all set to go but need to finish up a few things before I start this. I'm not one of those that can have a million things going at once.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish I was like that. Sadly, I have many things I need to finish.

      Delete
  2. I think these are so beautiful! Can't wait to see the finished quilt top. It will be amazing. I desperately need to learn the art of hexagons!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I figured I needed to use 20 mini charms to make it as big as I want. I have finished about 6. A bit of a ways to go.

      Delete
  3. I've actually never been tempted by hexies. Whenever I see them, there's nothing that makes me want to make a hexie quilt. I'm not sure why!

    However....that stack of your hexies is absolutely beautiful! I love how you've coordinated all the colors. You might make me at least like them! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  4. They are gorgeous. I keep wanting to jump into them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOL! I got the hexagon bug about 1 1/2 years ago, I made about 50 hexagone flowers from fabric, but the fabric hexagon bug left me to bite you... :-)
    I'm into crochet hexagons right now, I've assembled already over 100 into a blanket.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love hexi flowers! They are such a great take-along project you can do just about anywhere. I, also, have a project started that will most likely take years to complete. It's a great way to use up my little scraps that I can't bear to throw away.
    I love your shop in Idaho, by the way!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much!! Say hi the next time you are in.

      Delete