Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Vintage Grandmother's Garden


It always makes me happy when I can see a quilt top come out from a box (or closet or grocery bag) and get finished. It has fulfilled its quilt destiny. Now this quilt can be used and enjoyed.

Whether its a family piece or something you scored at a thrift shop you can see your quilt top to the finish line.


This quilt top was quilted using a tiny stipple. This pattern gives quilts a crinkly vintage feel. Small quilting like this also helps hold together hand stitching, old thread that may have become a little brittle, and ensures it lasts for generations.


This is my favorite block, the tiny blue and pink flowers remind me of Bachelor Buttons, my mom's favorite.

Heather is having a special on this Tiny Stipple quilting pattern. You can mail or drop off your vintage or brand new quilt tops and she can set you up.  This small stipple is normally 2 cents per square inch and is on sale for 1.5 cents per square inch during the month of February. This applies to any quilt dropped off or postmarked during the month of February.  Quilts can be dropped off at the store on the following days between 10AM - 5 PM

  Wednesday, February 4th
  Saturday, February 7th
  Wednesday, February 11th
  Wednesday, February 18th
  Saturday, February 21st

Or...you can call Heather at (208) 420-3484 to make an appointment.  She lives so close and doesn't mind at all!

Click here to print off an order form to mail in with your quilt top and backing. Heather can also bind your quilt for a small fee.

Click here to read her policies and tips for preparing your quilt to send.

The Quilt Barn
241 Main Street N
Kimberly, ID
83341
www.thequiltbarn.com
(208) 423-5092

3 comments:

  1. This is a beautiful quilt and its definitely on my quilting bucket list. I'm interested to know what your opinion is on hand quilting vs machine quilting hand sewn projects. I see that you've done some machine quilting on this project and it's beautiful. I'm working on a EPP quilt and I always thought that I would have to hand quilt it, but now I'm relieved to see that machine quilting is done on them. Love to hear your thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful quilt! So feminine. Each flower stands out so beautifully. And the quilting design is perfect.

    ReplyDelete