Monday, January 23, 2012

Paper Airplane Quilt


I saw this picture on Pinterest (it led me here as the source) and I fell in love. I was making a Sara Jane, Children at Play, Pinwheel Quilt and I knew I was going to have left overs so on the 'to do list' it went.
I used City Weekend by Oliver and S for the paper plane. I just eyeballed a fat quarter and used a pencil to sketch right on the fabric. I cut it out, spray basted it on the background white and blanket edge stitched it with my sewing machine.
I have some light blue perle cotton and I am going to sew on the loopy dashes behind the plane like in the inspiration photo.
Thanks to Jenele for free motion quilting it for me on the long arm! Such perfect little loops.
Its here at The Quilt Barn if you want to take a peek.

Sarah Jane's fabric line, Children at Play, is one of my favorites from last year. You can visit her lovely blog here.

Sarah Jane designed the quilt and Amy of Diary of a Quilter made it.
Free Image Hosting at www.picturetrail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment