Monday, August 12, 2013

Briar Rose Pajama Pants


When I saw the Briar Rose strawberries I knew I wanted to make one of my girls a pair of pj pants.

Our friend KZ has a free pj pant pattern. It has 2 pieces and these pants (size 6) only needed 30" of fabric.  Her pattern does not include the cuff. I cut 6" of the contrast fabric to add the folded cuff at the bottom.


My girl probably could have used a bigger size. I am stuck on her being 6 (she will be 8 this year). I don't want my last baby to grow up


I made her a matching pj top by using a white t-shirt we had and freehand cut a strawberry and green top. I used Steam a Seam and stitched it down close to the edge.


KZ's pattern will print out on 8 pieces of paper and all you have to do is tape them together, no overlapping. Easy peasy.


I laid the taped pattern out on my fabric and cut exactly what I needed. Plus the contrast cuff. That I sewed right sided together and folded down half of the fabric (to match the hem) and top stitched along the top of the cuff. I hemmed as usual.

Now all I need to do is bind my Briar Rose quilt and then I can dress our newest window with Briar Rose

3 comments:

  1. Darling pants and darling girl!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Di! I think she is darling too. But I'm partial

      Delete
  2. She looks so cute and I love the cuff! The pants came out great! Thanks for using my pant pattern, I am about to make a couple more pairs for the kiddos!

    ReplyDelete