So this happened. This was my cute little personal ironing table made from a card table.
I took it with my to The hen House to teach a class and as I was demonstrating an ironing technique I touched the iron to the fabric and it burst in to flames. The fabric burst in to flames. I stood stunned for a bit and then flicked it to the ground and stomped on it.
Um yah, kind of embarrassing. So, the lesson...vintage irons can get very hot. It probably overheated as it never did this before. Now what to do about my ironing table. I think I will just staple a whole new insul brite and pieced charm top over this burnt one.
Has this ever happened to anyone with vintage irons?