Monday, June 9, 2014

Handmade Wedding: The Veil



Welcome to another Handmade Wedding post. This time I am talking about my veil.

Since this is my second wedding and I am over 40 I didn't want a full traditional veil. I knew a birdcage veil was perfect for me. Birdcage veils are a little vintage-y too, and you know I like vintage.



My veil was made for me by my friend (and former, missed Quilt Barn chick) Laurie. She now works for J.L. Johnson Bridals. Lucky me. We chatted a bit about what I was looking for, white with combs on the side to hold in it my hair

Laurie suggested this larger mesh tulle and it was perfect.

I don't have any pictures of me wearing it to share yet but I did post a few wedding photos on Instagram (one selfie of me driving myself to my wedding in my mini van). I am tinyglutton on Instagram.

A big thanks to Laurie for making me this veil, its just how I pictured it. You can find veils like this on their site, jljohnsonbridal.com

I would be remiss if I didn't share with you my latest fabric love . I am downloading the pattern this morning and I can't wait to get started and share what I am making with it.

Free Image Hosting at www.picturetrail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment