Thursday, October 16, 2014

Vintage Quilt Thursday: 6 Pointed Star


 Happy Thursday! Today I am sharing a vintage quilt from Heather's collection. It is an english paper pieced 6 pointed star made with the most amazing variety of vintage feedsack fabrics.


Heather basted the quilt on her long arm machine and it hand quilting it.


Next week I am going to share a tutorial on making this block. You don't have to make a whole quilt like this one but a block or two would be fun to make into baby quilt, a pillow, or a pouch.


I think this pink block with the blue flowers is my favorite.
Be sure to come back next Thursday and check out our tutorial!! Happy Sewing.

2 comments:

  1. Yay! I've seen this block before and wondered how to make it. Cannot wait for the tutorial!

    ReplyDelete
  2. very well put together, love the 6 point star clean looks .. waiting for tutorial

    ReplyDelete