Thursday, October 4, 2012

October Window Mid Century Modern



For you local readers have you been by and seen our October windows? What do you think?
I will be posting some more photos with you this week are sharing our inspiration. I will also show our "bed" window and it's Tula Pink theme.

This month's window has a convoluted theme, mid century modern travel.
Our starting inspiration was Kona's Modern Quilts whole cloth fabrics by Robert Kauffman. You can see more from this line here.
This particular one reminds me of Denyse Schmidt's  Single Girl quilt pattern. I love that pattern but it is a lot of work. Now you can have one done in minutes. 

The quilt in the background is a baby size and bound with a Kaffe Fassette stripe. I cut a backing and this front fabric 1.25 yards long each and had it quilted by Amy. Attach binding and done.



This fabric looks great as a pillow too. I cut the front and backing squares an inch bigger than my pillow form, had Amy quilt the front for me with some thin batting and muslin at the same time she quilted the baby quilt above. You could easily do this on your home machine. Sew right sides together leaving one side open. Flip right side out, insert pillow form and hand sew opening closed.

 Amy says she made quilted bed shams too. I wish she would have let me take a picture before they made their way to the head of her bed. I bet they are awesome. I am fighting the urge to make one of everything with it: overnight bag, place mats, a skirt. 

Other items: vintage globe and teal vinyl chairs,  black velvet Scottie dog. I am trying to talk Jenele into making a pattern for this dog. When I found it at The Mustard Seed I knew Jenele would love it. I put it in the window and didn't tell her and waited. Sure enough she saw it and loved it.

We now have all our Fall classes posted. Click the above link at the top of this page for more information.



Free Image Hosting at www.picturetrail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment