Monday, January 7, 2013

Thinking About Valentine's Day


Valentine's Day is over a month away but I have hearts on the brain.  I have been putting crafty and quilty inspiration in a Valentine pinterest board. What to make?

I found a quilt I like and got to work pulling bolts of fabric. I walked around with our cart and tossed fabric in. I picked out one of the quilts from my inspiration board but I don't have a pattern to go on so I cut what I thought I might need.

 
I folded the fabric and thought it was so pretty that I had to take another picture.Taking pictures of your fabric has to be a sign. Of what I don't know but I have pictures of fabric and it makes me happy. Its the little things right? 
I like the juxtaposition of the very modern reds and the more primitive cream shirtings. Fingers crossed that I can take one photo and make my own quilt from it.

Anyone else make Valentine Quilts? 
We are in the single digits (and lower) temperature wise here so is it any wonder that I start to look ahead around this time of year? Easter sewing is next!!

Free Image Hosting at www.picturetrail.com

1 comment:

  1. The combination looks great. I can't wait to see what it becomes.

    ReplyDelete