Monday, July 9, 2012

Aliens and Robots Pillow and Quilt


We got in this book in by Nancy Halverson, Curiosities and Mischief. I think I squeaked when I saw all the fun projects in it. Even though I have 3 girls I had to make some of projects.
Like this robot raw edge applique pillow. I added a baby piping to the edge. He is so stinkin' cute. There is a monsters pillow that I want to make next.


Next up was the squares quilt. While I couldn't use the fabrics she did I loved the colors so I picked from her color palette.


The alien fabric was my starting inspiration. I knew I wanted to use that somewhere in the quilt.
I thought about a spaceships quilting pattern but Amy suggested cogs. I am so glad I went with the cogs. Can you see it?
Of course we sold out of the book before I finished these shop samples. I will still display them and hopefully we will get more books in.

And what am I going to do with these when they can retire? Give them so a friend if she is having a boy.  And I hope it is so I can sew up using more fun boy fabrics

Free Image Hosting at www.picturetrail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment