Friday, July 6, 2012

Appleville Toothbrush Roll Up Tutorial


Not a terribly exciting picture. How does one take an exciting picture of a face cloth toothbrush roll up?
My middle daughter was getting ready to go to her grandmother's for the week and I realized she didn't have a little bag to put her toiletries in.  Seeing as she is 8 and didnt have too many things to pack save a toothbrush I came up with a little roll up.


What you need:

standard facecloth
23" of ribbon or trim of some sort for tie
sewing machine and thread

Here is what I did:

-fold the facecloth up leaving 3 inches at the top. Pin in a few spots along the side
-tuck the ribbon in the open left side 4" from the bottom and pin
-sew up both sides using a 1/2 seam catching the ribbon in the seam
-I fussy cut an Appleville rectangle and raw edge sewed it along the outside top of the facecloth (make sure the applique does not go below you pocket. If your applique is bigger then sew it on first)
-sew a line from the bottom to the top of the pocket. I eyeballed 3 lines evenly spaced and created 4 pockets.

Here you can see the outside of the roll up.

Tuck the toothbrush and  toothpaste in the pockets. You could also stick  hotel size lotion, sunscreen, or soap in there. My oldest daughter has braces and I want to make one for her elastics and cleaners.

Roll up the face cloth from right to left and wind the ribbon around and tuck the end under the wraps. Done. Super simple.

Of course, I now feel the need to make one of these for every person I know. They're kind of addictive.


Free Image Hosting at www.picturetrail.com

1 comment: