Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Sun and Surf Tote



I'm going to blame this one on Amy. She kept talking about the Sun and Surf Tote by Modkid and I got excited about making one too.

I am not a bag expert by any means so I was worried about making one. I checked out the instructions first and they seemed easy enough.
The fabric choice was easy, Freshcut by Heather Bailey.


The exterior pockets (bottom band) is Painted Mums in Green.
Top of the bag is Graphic Mums in Turquoise
Lining and handles is Finery in PinkyPurple.
The button is from World of Buttons (we carry these in the store)
Grommets by Ride Deko (also in the shop)
Fusible by Pellon


I also got to try our the Janome 12000 on Friday and made a cross stitch monogram. I should have put it on the button side of the bag but it didn't occur to me when I was assembling the bag. Shoot.

I will share Amy's bag when she brings it in. She is using Tippy Toes by Henry Glass. It is so bright and fun. 

I think this will make a great class so I think I will be setting something up for the fall.


Free Image Hosting at www.picturetrail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment