Friday, June 22, 2012

4th of July Pillows


I'm a follower of One Pretty Thing and when I saw these pillows from Sewn Studio I had to pop over and check them out. I really wanted to make the ric rac pillow but Amy and I decided to make this one instead. I'm so glad we did. Its darling and very easy to make.

The stars are Tula Pink Prince Charming and the stripe is from Moda's Bar Harbor. I used jumbo ric rac for the trim and a tea dyed muslin I had on hand for the back.


You've heard "Go big or go home"? We went big with our bed window. Big with a July 4th theme.
I thrifted this flag fabric and amy quilted it with a stars and lops.


I made it reversable too. The stripe is a red and white ticking from Little Quilts and the stars is Honor and Glory by Windham Fabrics. This side got the quilting treatment too.
The blue rectangle is simply raw edge stitched in the corner.

As you can see it is quite a large pillow (bigger than a standard bed pillow) so I stuffed it with styrafoam beads meant for pouffs or bean bags. It was perfect for this.

After the window is changed it is going home with Amy and I told her not to use this pillow for pillow fights. I simply hand stitched the edge closed and it could burst foam beads. Not fun to clean up I'm sure.
Free Image Hosting at www.picturetrail.com

1 comment:

  1. It's wonderful..thanks bunches for sharing!
    Toni
    www.lifeinapinkbunnysuit.com

    ReplyDelete