Monday, December 10, 2012

12 Days of Christmas Advent Calendar


Back in November I noticed that we had some older Christmas fabrics left including Kate Spain's 12 Days of Christmas. These colors are more my Christmas color style so I came up with a project for it.
Instead of making a full 24 day advent calendar I thought about a calendar that could count down the 12 days before. Less pockets to fill and my kids wouldn't lose interest as fast (or so I am imagining).
I used this tutorial as the inspiration to make the pockets, minus the sashing. It was a quick project and I like that the pockets are are bigger than some other advent calendars.


To keep track of what day we are on I fussy cut one of the tags that come with the panel and fused it using double sided fusible to a scrap from the pockets. A clothes peg with a hot glued a piece of ribbon holds it on.

And....
The winner of our Sew Mama Sew Giveaway day is Desi. She said "I am hoping to get stockings sewn, a quilt top pieced together, a doll sewn for my daughter, and a gift made for my husband as well. Wow-- just realized how truly much that is!" That's awesome Desi, you can do it!
I've emailed you Desi.

And the winner of our Wool Penny Pincushion Kit is Kathy Sue (I snuck in this giveaway at the end of the pincushion tutorial). Kathy Sue, email me your address so I can get your package off to you, info@thequiltbarn.com

Thanks to all of you who played along with us.

Free Image Hosting at www.picturetrail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment