Thursday, December 27, 2012

Pouch-athon for Christmas


One of my favorite gifts to make for friends and family are zippered pouches. They are fast, easy, and you can use fun fabrics from your stash.

When we got in The Berenstain Bears fabric and I saw this math bolt I knew exactly what I could use it for, teacher gifts! I used this fantastic tutorial (my new favorite go to pouch tutorial), Moda's Lined Paper for the front, a few of my wool pennies and a vintage button for a decorative touch.

I tweeted my teacher gifts with an instagram picture the other day and The Berenstain Bears tweeted back that they liked it. It was a thrill to hear from them!


I embellished this pouch with some wool pennies and more vintage buttons.


I made several of these first aid pouches for family members. I had visions of them taking them on camping trips. I embroidered 'first aid' on the bottom and used a handy Frixon pen (the ink disappears with iron heat) to draw on the letters and then embroidered over my lines.


I had a hard time coming up with ideas for younger guys and I found this great tutorial by Amazing Mae, a trinket keeper.  He can clip it to his backpack and keep treasures in it.


And finally, a kitty pouch. I was heavily inspired by this one here. It was so dang cute I had to make one.

Did you finish your Christmas sewing projects?

Free Image Hosting at www.picturetrail.com

1 comment:

  1. These are super cute and clever gifts!!
    Happy New Year! Trish xo

    ReplyDelete