Friday, September 16, 2011

Friday Favorites-Jenele


Today the lovely and talented Jenele is sharing with us some of her Quilt Barn favorites. Jenele is truely the Queen of quilting. If you have a quilting question she will have the answer.
When I asked her about some of her favorites she immediatly went to Moda's Countdown to Christmas. Her favorite is the second from the top so save her some. I told her to buy it while its here cause this stuff is popular.


We have some projects made from this line in the store.


 Jenele has become a big fan of solids, especially shot cottons. She says they are soft and really nice to work with. This quilt, which she calls Shot Cotton, uses Kaffe and shot cottons. She used a pattern in issue 5 of The Fat Quarterly.
Have you see the other quilt she made recently? It is hanging by this one in the store. It is made of all solids. Its hard to describe but is stunning. I will call it the Love Quilt. She is putting together a kit of the solids and the book it came from.


These beauties showed up today. She tipped the yellow one on its side and became a whole different pillow for me. Love it.
These pillows are from the book A Touch of Whimsey... and Jenele used Anna Marie Horner and Joel Dewberry fabrics. Did I mention I love these pillows?

I asked Jenele what upcoming fabric line she is excited about and its Little Apples from Aneela Hooey. I heard that it shipped yesterday. Woot! Heather gave me a fat eighths bundle from Quilt Market and I made 2 little quilts from it. I need backings!! Did you see them at the Moda Event? 

Speaking of the Moda Event, we got in more of the book, Fresh Fabric Treats. This book was a hit and Heather will be using it for the Moda Bakeshop Club so get your copy.

Thanks Jenele!

No comments:

Post a Comment