Friday, September 9, 2011

Friday Favorites

 Happy Friday! We have a new Friday segment, Friday Favorites! Each Friday we will feature a different employee's favorites from The Quilt Barn.

The QB girls are busy and I didnt give them much prep time so I am going to go first.

1.What are some of your favorite things in the Quilt Barn?

So hard to pick. I am a big fan of Halloween so this year's Ghastlies is a must. I was giddy waiting for this to come out. Have you seen the quilt made out of this line that is hanging in the store? Take a look the next time you are in. I have an apron pattern that needs to be made out of this.

 Another line I am crushing on is 9 Dot by Henry Glass. Heather tossed me a stack of this and a pattern to make a store sample. Love it. It is about to go on the long arm and will be up in the store next week.
The Quilt Barn now has iron on laminate. Jenele and I were just talking about this stuff and the next day there it was. It comes in matte or gloss and turns any fabric into a laminate. I know! I am thinking this bicycle fabric by Michael Miller needs to be made into a cosmetic bag or pencil case.

Heather even suggested it would be great to cover the bottom of a bag so you can wipe it clean.

2. What upcoming fabric lines are you excited about?

A sweet line by artist Sarah Jane called Children at Play. I should start thinking of how I can be the one to make the store sample. I dont think this one will last long. I'll let you know when it is in.

Hmmm...who should go next Friday? I can't wait to see what their favorites are. I'll have more questions for them too.

Notice anything new in the header (designed by our very own KZ)?
Don't forget about the Moda Event on Monday. I will be the one wearing the super ruffly apron.

2 comments:

  1. i am totally going to play along on this one...

    1. i love when i have a stack of fabric i want cut say, half yards, and you cut them all at once! i love it, it makes me happy.
    i love the huge kiddo area that contains my children so i can spend all of my money! and mostly, i love how friendly every single one of you girls are! i love your store!

    2. i am sooo excited for Echo by Lotta Jansdotter. i really hope you are getting this! really really really hope!

    p.s. i had a great time meeting new people at the modern quilt guild last thursday. thanks for staying late so i could shop a little... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh, and i am also really excited for the heirloom line by joel dewberry... love it.

    ReplyDelete