Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Paper Pieced Sailboats


As soon as I saw this free pattern at Moda Bakeshop I knew I had to make it. I even knew right away what fabric would be great for it, Oliver and S, City Weekend.
I had tried paper piecing a bit before and this part of the quilt (the boat) was very simple piceing. Great if you are just trying it for the first time. The sails are raw edge applique and will look a bit ruffly after washing.


The border fabric looks like blue waves and was perfect. I have one more border to do and then it can be quilted on the long arm. I am debating an all over wave pattern or a sailboat pattern. What do you think?
When it is all finished I will show you a picture and it will be displayed at The Quilt Barn
You can find the pattern here.

I am linking up to some linky parties.

Bass Giraffe's Thoughts
Milk and Cuddles
Raising Homemakers
A Beach Life
Sugar and Dots

No comments:

Post a Comment